Several examination were done by this new University away from Georgia using accelerator mass spectrometry
Hugh Miller while others created a newspaper discussing the outcome off carbon-fourteen dating away from dinosaur fossils that was presented from the Western Geophysics Conference inside the Singapore,
1 The carbon-14 dating involved precautions against contamination. The age for all these fossils was found to be less than 50,000 years1. This is not predicted by conventional evolutionary theory; and other discoveries have been made concerning dinosaurs which also are not predicted by evolutionary theory such as the discovery of soft tissue in bones that are not or are only partially fossilized.2 Both the carbon-14 dating results and the discovery of soft tissue in incompletely fossilized dinosaur bones share the common theme of being indicators of much younger ages for dinosaurs than evolution claimspared to the conventional theory of dinosaurs’ being at minimum 65 million years old, the time it would take soft tissue to degrade and the < 50,000 year ages reported from carbon-14 dating are less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the expected age for the dinosaur fossils.
step three , 4 All the a few thousand conference participants got an excellent disk including the brand new conceptual of your own carbon dioxide-fourteen relationship report. But not, new conceptual of the Miller presentation try taken out of the site with the appointment. step one , 5 What makes the information presented on the papers essential? If your approved age millions of years to possess dinosaurs was basically can be found to be in error, this could be a challenge so you can advancement. The fresh new dinosaur times reported below and you can talked about regarding the AOGS 2012 papers chatted about while in the this particular article, incorporated triceratops, hadrosaur, allosaurus, and acrocanthasaurs. Below is a list of some dinosaur fossils in addition to their dated ages regarding Miller papers. cuatro
Carbon-14 matchmaking are has just did with the dinosaur fossils,1 and the overall performance was indeed demonstrated in the West Geophysics Meeting when you look at the Singapore, , a conference of around a few thousand experts
- An enthusiastic allosaurus on the Morrison formation, later Jurassic, found in 1989 are old by School out-of Georgia by the accelerator bulk spectrometry. Age try found to be 31,360 ± 100 years dated.
- The femur out of an upper Creataceous Heck Creek development triceratops-particularly dinosaur (maybe a new version of ceratopsid) used in 2007 is carbon dioxide-fourteen old because of the College or university of Georgia playing with accelerator size spectrometry and found becoming 39,230 ± 140 years of age.
- Several other Hell Creek formation dinosaur, used in 2004, a great triceratops, try dated by University away from Georgia by the accelerator bulk spectrometry during 2009 since the twenty four,340 ± 70 years old.
- An enthusiastic apatosaurus are utilized in late Jurassic strata of Morrison development, and you may excavation are done in 2007 and you may 2009. In 2011 the new College out of Georgia old new fossil to help you 38,250 ± 160 years of age.
- A great hadrosaur’s hip bone try utilized in 2011 about Heck Creek formation. The brand new University regarding Georgia dated an example from this bones to help you become 37,660 ± 160 years of age.
- Into the 2012 a beneficial triceratops horn is actually discover. The fresh School out-of Georgia old the brand new fossil is 33,570 ± 120 yrs . old.
- Good femur bones away from an excellent hardosaur in the 2004 was included in the brand new Heck Creek development. The newest University away from Georgia using accelerator mass spectrometry old brand new test so you’re able to 25,670 ± 220 years of age.
- An enthusiastic acrocanthosaurus (carnivorous dinosaur) specimen is excavated in 1984 near Glen Rose, Tx and you may was looked at this present year from the College or university from Georgia. It had been seen to be 30,690 ± ninety years old.
Could be the times beyond the listing of investigations technical? Zero, this new School out-of Georgia got stretched the maximum limit up over fifty,one hundred thousand years, as well as the years was indeed the better less than which. Would be the many years still too-old? After all, even if these types of decades are a lot younger than traditional age, of several creationists faith lives on earth to be much younger than probably the stated carbon dioxide-14 chronilogical age of this type of dinosaur fossils. That it matter will be taken care of from inside the an afterwards element of this short article.